Thursday, July 3, 2008

feet a-dragging

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
- Elizabeth Stone


Well, my heart is taking a bruising.

After a mere two days at school, J has started dragging his feet. He tells me he doesn't want to go to school; this morning, he said his head was giddy, so he couldn't go. I hate to see him dread something so much.

He's been through this before. At his two previous preschools (for four months before we left for Claremont, and then while we were in Claremont), I heard the same thing with some degree of regularity: I don't want to go to school, mom... And E, who takes her cue from him in just about everything, has started echoing him.

This is what I think it is: he gets over the novelty of something pretty fast and bores easily. So after the novelty of the first day at school, he's pretty much done with it!

I don't quite know how to break it to him that he has TWENTY years (or so) of school ahead of him!

All I can do now is pray that God will bless each day for both J and E, that they will find joy in their time at school, that they build good relationships with their friends and teachers; and that they may be filled with a joyful spirit.

1 comment:

Nicole Then said...

i say that too...haha, even now :P I used to really hate school cos of the stress of forgetting books/forms/hmwk...now, i say it half-heartedly cos i know i'd be bored sick at home. haha, will pray for josh :)