Thursday, November 27, 2008

thanksgiving

A good time as any to count my blessings today, so here goes...

I am thankful for my husband, because he loves me and is always so patient with me.

I am thankful for coffee, because it makes me happy, after a night of interrupted sleep.

I am thankful for interrupted sleep, because it means my kids still need me.

I am thankful for tired legs and an aching back, because it means we spent a busy (and happy!) day out with the kids.

I am thankful for a noisy home, because it means that my kids are home.

I am thankful for funny moments throughout the day, because they make the hard parts of parenting seem a little easier.

I am thankful for good health, because it is not so fun having sick (and whiny) kids.

I am thankful for the hard lessons God keeps bringing my way; if I learn, I grow.

I am thankful for grace.

I am thankful for the long hours that K has to work, because it means we are still taken care of even though Singapore is in a technical recession.

I am thankful for difficult relationships, because it means God is calling me to live beyond myself.

I am thankful for naps.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: