Wednesday, February 11, 2009

go tell it on the mountain

We are learning that the most serious and interesting conversations we have with the kids happen in the car.

Close to our home is a little Chinese temple. As we were driving home yesterday night, we saw a little bonfire right outside it. It piqued J's interest.

That led to a conversation about how there are lots of people in Singapore who aren't Christians. I suppose it's a little hard for him to get that. We talked about how people sometimes believe in different things, and how not everyone knows Jesus Christ, how our jobs as Christians is to tell others about Christ.

To which J says, I tell my friends at school. But they don't believe me.

We can't make them believe, I tell him. It's enough for us to tell them about Jesus.

And then he says, Mommy, God is sad when they don't believe him. And I make God happy because I believe him, right?

No comments: