Thursday, February 12, 2009

new life

There is something miraculous in seeing a heart beat, when just a few weeks ago, there was none.

A few weeks ago, we found out that we are expecting. Our. Fourth. Child.

It took us a couple of weeks to just get over the shock. And while we were excited and thankful for the blessing, this time round it was also tinged with some apprehension. Four kids running rings around me. And then, there was the CMV to worry about.

We had our first doctor's appointment today. I am just about 8 weeks along now, and baby number 4 is due around the last week of September. We watched the little heart beat on the ultrasound, steadily, regularly. There is nothing quite like seeing it for the first time. I was in awe of it. (We have already promised the older kids that they'll get to come with me to the doctor in a few months' time, so they get to see the baby on the "doctor's machine". Josh said, kind of like an x-ray, right, Mom?)

Last year, around the time that we felt called to adoption, one thing that held me back initially was thinking that I would not be pregnant again. We had assumed that we would conceive our third child biologically. And I thought, if I had known that my second pregnancy would be my last, I would have treasured it more, savored it more. But God's call to us to adopt was so clear, that we felt we had to obey. So I gave that up, a little sadly.

Now here we are. Being given more than we asked for. Blessed beyond what we imagined for ourselves.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear K and F,

Congratulations - this is really good news!

You guys would definitely continue to be great parents.

=)))

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Fiona and Keith! What an excited journey you are on!! Blessings to you both!!

Florence Lang said...

Congrats Keith & Fiona.
God sure has His ways, one of humour and of course one of blessings.

Danice said...

Wow Fiona!!! Were so excited for you all! What a blessing :)