Friday, May 30, 2008

the pain is in the waiting

What's different this time around: I didn't get to pee on a stick that three minutes later turned blue. No visits to the gynaecologist. No blurry ultrasound pictures to stare at. So I am working to keep this time, this period of expectancy, real and tangible.

We talk about our new baby with each other, with the kids, with our friends. This baby that God has planned for us, to be part of our family.

We pray about our baby, aloud with the kids. That God will bring him/her to us by the end of the year. That even now, God may be preparing the baby to join our family. That the kids will be open to the child. That the baby will be open to us.

We continue to tell people about our decision to adopt. The more people praying with us, the better, the surer we feel.

Then there's the paperwork. How I long for it to be done.

Most of all, I remind myself this: God led us down this path. He will continue to direct us to our child - the child He planned for us to have. I have to trust that He will work it out for us. I hold on to this.

No comments: