Monday, June 30, 2008

pre-preschool jitters

Not the kids.

Me.

Tomorrow the kids start school. And even though I have been looking forward to it for a while now, today I am feeling ambivalent. I am a little nervous of the unknown: unknown school, unknown friends, unknown teachers. All for fifteen hours a week. When they go to school tomorrow, it will be their first step into the real world here in Singapore.

Yes, I know this is just preschool.

Still. I have been thinking of their teachers, how they have the power to build up or tear down my children, through the interactions that they will have. I wonder if they will ever know how much they have been prayed for and prayed over.

2 comments:

joanne said...

where're you placing them? i know! i know the feeling of missing them if only for a few hours! i've been looking at kindys as well and really just feel like keeping mine at home forever!

Fiona said...

They'll be at a montessori preschool at Kallang CC. It met my two criteria: nearby, and both kids could go at the same time!
I'm still nervous... even though a part of me has been looking forward to school starting too.