Sunday, August 31, 2008

first week home

He's got such a sweet smile...

The just-woke-up look...

They are still loving him!

We had a chance to share a little with our church family today our reasons for adopting Noah (not everyone reads the blog). I was thankful for it. This will be Noah's church family too, and it was important to me that they understood why we chose this path. So K did the honours and both of us (he onstage and me offstage) teared up a little when he explained how Noah is our son. He may have grown inside someone's body, but he is our son, the son God planned for us to have.

It's been hard work with the three kids. The hardest part of the day is when the two older ones come back home from school. They'll always still bouncing off the walls a little and are not particularly inclined to obey me quickly and easily. It's been a lesson in patience for me.

Even with the harder moments, it feels wonderful to have N home with us. Adopting him is my path of obedience. And as he settles down into his life with us, we look forward to his healing. Healing of some physical ailments. Healing of his emotional loss. Healing that only God can work out.

No comments: