Saturday, March 7, 2009

not so baby steps

In more recent news, Noah now...

1. has decided that baby food is no longer for him. He completely rejects porridge if I cook it for him, and will only eat when I feed him what the older two kids eat. He now holds the record for weaning himself off baby food the earliest.

2. is sleeping through the night. (*crossing fingers as I type this*) I am looking forward to enjoying a few months of sleeping properly, before the new baby arrives and turns my world upside down again.

3. has a bit of a weird nap schedule. If he takes a good solid morning nap, then his afternoon is short, and hence to my mind, pathetic. But he cannot yet go without a morning nap. He passes out by about midday at the latest.

4. is walking! Keeping to our tradition of having fairly early walkers, he took his first step last month (both J and E took their first step around 10 months as well), and now can go about six or seven steps unaided. We got him new shoes today. If he's in a hurry, he'll still crawl though. No time to waste, especially when he sees someone holding a bowl of food.

5. is clapping. His newest trick. So cute to see the look of delight on his face the first time he did it.

6. is a climber. His favourite way of scaring me is to clamber up onto the sofa and then laugh cheekily when I lunge to catch him.

Yes, he's been busy.

No comments: